Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Playing Hooky

As some of you know, I am one of those militant homeschool moms. My girls have school daily. I am a firm believer in sticking to the schedule. We try to keep the same schedule as the local school district, so that the girls are available to play with friends on their days off.

That being said, I do try to be flexible, which is one of the beauties of homeschooling. We are free to go to MOPS once a month, and every Friday from October through March they attend a homeschool co-op, so we do have "breaks" from the weekly grind. Today, however, I decided that I needed a day to play hooky. I had a bunch of errands that I actually wanted to do and those were all in the same general vicinity of the photo studio where #2 had her appointment, so we shopped til we dropped! And it was great. The girls had so much fun looking at all the pretty fall (and now Christmas!) things that were for sale. Princess #1 kept us on task, reading the list and checking the time (some school was being done!), Princess #2 marked the list off, and Princess #3 stayed close to the cart (always a bonus!) and gave her opinions.

Tomorrow we are off to pick apples at a local orchard in the afternoon. The girls can't wait, and honestly, neither can I!

1 comment:

The Momma Chronicles said...

Fantastic! One of the joys of homeschooling - flexibility. So glad you had a memory-making day.

Dellaina