Monday, October 20, 2008

Baby Boom

As some of you know, I am the oldest of four girls. All married, all settled and all having babies! That's right. This weekend we discovered that all four of us will be adding children to our families. My next sister and hubby are waiting to adopt-most likely by the end of next year (pray with me, will ya?), the third one of us is due with her 2nd in March/April, and the youngest one of us is due with her 1st in May/June. Pretty crazy. My parents and grandparents will double the number of (great)grandkids they have next year!!

I was thinking of my next youngest sister today, and her impending adoption and realized that very likely her baby may be growing in it's biological mom's womb, and if not, his/her conception is imminent! That is pretty amazing to think about. I've been praying for his/her mom and for this important, so many lives-changing decision she is going to make. God is good and He knows all the details and is in all the details. It will be exciting to see His hand in all of this.

As for me, I am doing my best to race through the Christmas knitting. My goal was to be done by the end of October. Unrealistic to be sure. Especially when some of the gifts are two-parters. So, I am doing my best to be content with my progress and delay the baby knitting a bit longer. But, I may have to have a fix and tear into the first official "boy" yarn I have purchased . . .

No comments: