Saturday, August 02, 2008

Princess #2 is 6!

In news better a week late than never, Princess #2 is 6! The long-awaited day finally arrived. She had a great day. And I love that she always chooses take-out for her birthday dinner, so nice for mama!

It's hard to believe that this little "preemie" has developed into such a lovely, funny, silly, fancy girl. She is my one that consistently runs hot or cold-there is no middle ground with this girl! However, I must say despite the craziness of having a personality like this in our family, it is part of her charm. Her world is black and white and I love that about her, everything is an absolute. She loves very deeply and has friends everywhere! She runs into more friends on a trip, well, just about anywhere, than I do long-lost high school acquaintances at Costco (and that is saying something my friends)!

When I think back as to how scared we were that we could possibly lose her in the womb or shortly after her early arrival, I feel so blessed to have her in our family. My parents always remind us when we get frustrated with her, that once all that energy and fire are channeled in one (positive!) direction, she is going to be a force to be reckoned with, and I have to agree. I am eager to see where the Lord leads her in life. For now, she wants to be a veteranian and a people doctor, and set up practice on Nanny's farm, so that she can take of the animals and her grandparents, how sweet is that?!



1 comment:

LaughterThoughts said...

hmmm... sounds a lot like MY #2... the switch flips and she goes from one extreme to the other instantly. i must remember those wise words from your parents. :)

happy birthday, princess!