Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Homemaking ABC's

Laughter Thoughts tagged me to do this fun alphabet meme. I will tag Momma Chronicles and The Knot and the Knest next, if they would like to play along!

Aprons- Y/N? Very rarely, usually just at Christmas time when I'm doing lots of cookie roll-outs.

Baking- Favorite thing to bake? Bread or cookies

Clothesline- Y/N? Nope, just an over-the-laundry room door hook to hang up the drip-dry clothes

Donuts- Ever made them? I remember making them with my Dad as a child. I have my Grandma's recipe, I should try them someday.

Everyday- One homemaking thing you do everyday? Make dinner for my family.

Freezer- Do you have a separate deep freezer? Yes out in the garage. Like Laughter Thoughts, I'd like a fridge out there too.

Garbage Disposal- Y/N? Nope, but we do have two of the handy four-legged ones.

Handbook- Y/N? I have a wallet and my cash envelope system always with me--usually in either my purse or the diaper bag.

Ironing- Love it or hate it? I hate it!!

Junk Drawer- Where is it? IT?? I have two! To the left of the fridge.

Kitchen- Design and decorating? Cheerio box yellow walls, white cabinets, and red oak Pergo floors--soon to be replaced by??? Any ideas?!

Love- What is your favorite part of homemaking? Clearing off the kitchen counters, it makes me feel like I got something done. I also love to de-clutter and throw away/give away things we no longer need or use!

Mop- Y/N? Yes, weekly, although I should do it daily!

Nylons- Wash by hand or in the washer? Gentle cycle in the washer, drip dry.

Oven- Do you use the window or open it to check? Open it to check, our oven seems to run hot, so I am constantly checking on whatever is in there, so I can rescue if needed.

Pizza- What do you put on yours? Pre-kids we used to love spinach and tomato . . . now I love hawaiian or "Cowboy" pizza from Papa Murphy's.

Quiet- What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? Knit or read!

Recipe card box- Y/N? Yes, I have two! And a binder notebook full of my All Recipes favorites and other misc. recipes.

Style of house- Two story, stereotypical suburban home. The bright purple front door has grown on me!

Tablecloths and napkins- Y/N? Yes to both. I love vintage tablecloths especially from the 40's-50's eras, and paper napkins.

Under the kitchen sink- Trash can, cleaning supplies, recycling bag, extension cords, plant watering pitcher.

Vacuum- How many times a week? Once a week, if it needs it or not--HA!

Wash- How many loads do you do a week? 5-7 depending on if it's been a bed-changing week.

X's- Do you keep a list of things to do and cross them off? I like to, I aspire to, I used to! I love to cross things off of lists.

Yard- Who does what? My wonderful husband mows weekly and keeps up the sprinklers, but I usually do the weeding and planting.

ZZZ's- What is your last homemaking task for the day? I do a final visual sweep to make sure things are put away and ready for the next day.

No comments: