Tuesday, January 04, 2011

2010's Knitting Wrap-Up

I am writing this post for me. {grin}  I just tallied my projects for 2010 off of my go-to knitting website www.ravelry.com.  I love that site!  If you are a knitter or an aspiring knitter, you should join.  It will inspire you!!

So for 2010 my knitting tallied up like so:

Pairs of socks: 7 (approx. 2,450 yards of yarn)

Hats:  10 (approx. 1,000 yards of yarn)

Pairs of Mittens: 4  (approx. 300 yards of yarn)

Scarves/wraps/poncho:  7  (approx.  2,000 yards of yarn)

Sweaters:  10  (approx.  5,000 yards of yarn)

Just for fun/stuffed toys:  6  (approx. 600 yards of yarn)

Total:  11, 350 yards of yarn used on 44 projects!! 

The most favorite thing I knit last year is hard to choose, but I think it would be the little tea set I made for my youngest niece.  It had tea cups, saucers, a creamer, sugar bowl w/sugar cubes, tea bags, teaspoons, cupcakes, and a fabulous tea pot.  The best part was, I made the entire set during the winter Olympics, as part of the challenge on Ravelry.  The pattern is in the book Itty Bitty Nursery by Susan B. Anderson.


The teapot is stripey, need I say more??
Thanks for all of your encouraging comments along the way in 2010.  Look for more knitting posts in 2011!  I've just about completed my first project for the new year . . . there it begins!

No comments: