Friday, April 24, 2009

Renewed Appreciation

You know that song that has that line in it, "don't know what you've got til it's gone. . .", well that is my reality this afternoon. My parents took the older two princess' for the afternoon and overnight, and my initial reaction was (and honestly still is) "whoo-hoo", but as this afternoon has progressed I am coming to realize how much I depend on those two hoodlums in order to make life with four royals work! They are such a help with keeping Princess #3 stocked in beverages, snacks, movies, etc. really anything that she needs they do for her (and me by extension!) while I am dealing with the Prince. What a blessing to have kids that, although they fight what feels like constantly, are willing to help their Mama out at a moment's notice. I am honored to be their mom, and am missing their presence this afternoon.

I think that the moral to this one is, that I need to have them visit Nanny and Papa more often, don't you?? It's a win-win, they get a break from servitude and I get a renewed sense of appreciation for all that they do to help around the castle.

2 comments:

seeZworld said...

I agree! Send 'em away. ;)

Dietrich is actually spending the night with Grandpa and Grandma tonight. You are right--it does make one more appreciative of them when they return. Hee! Who knew!?!

The fact that Dietrich and the grandparents love it doesn't hurt either.

The Momma Chronicles said...

It's win-win for sure. :)