Monday, December 22, 2008

Meanie No More

So today I had no intention of doing school. Friends are coming over, and I wanted to make a batch of Christmas bread, not to mention laundry-til-I-die (Monday's usual chore). However, the princess' did not know my plans and assumed that they would have lessons as usual. So after breakfast and laundry sorting, they settled down to play in those last few coveted minutes before school was to start.

I got a load started and then nonchalantly asked if anyone minded if we took the day off from school. I wish you could have seen the glow of love that shone from their little eyes as they looked up at me in disbelief. I am a meanie no longer. I am their beloved mother and home-educator willing to give them a break from the drudgery that haunts their weekday mornings. I AM QUEEN. At least til I serve them leftovers for lunch. But until then, I plan to revel in my new found position of the Coolest.Mom.Evah!!

No comments: