Saturday, October 04, 2008

Let the Knitting Begin

So now that baby's gender is known, I am itching to get knitting for him! Last night I couldn't get to sleep because my mind was humming with projects I want to make, and the quandary of which one to do first. Get Ziggy, cargo pants, the token beanie or two or three, the sweet Norwegian baby cap, Hickory Dickory Dot, a little brimmed golf hat like his Great Grandpa used to wear, the possibilities are endless (Ravelry isn't helping contain the madness either). And the color choices!! Reds, navys, greens, browns, I am in a non-purple-colored-yarn haze of bliss!!

His blanket is on the needles and going well, but it is going to have to take a hiatus because I have committed (as in, I bought the yarn already darn it) to make Christmas gifts this year. So I am committing the month of October to Christmas knitting. So far one down and four to go!! Thankfully, I have already finished a couple of gifts earlier this year. So I'm off to get to the gifts but I'll be dreaming of baby boy knits all the while-forgetting all about those dreams of a white Christmas!

1 comment:

The Momma Chronicles said...

Can't wait to see the queue on Ravelry! :-)