Thursday, August 10, 2006

Rough Day, But . . .



Well, it has been a rough day, actually week. I've been fighting off a cold as have a couple of the girls. Then add babysitting full-time and a clingy 18 month old and there you have it. . . but tonight as I was washing up the dishes (thinking I know I just did this!!) I decided to count my blessings. I need to do this more purposefully in my life. I think of my blessings in an abstract way, usually in the form of "thank God I'm not having to deal with that in my family", rather than being specific to my life. So here's my list for tonight and my resolution to do this more often!
I AM THANKFUL:
1. That my R wants me to hold her
2. That my immune system is healthy
3. That my husband will push the kids on the swings even after a day at work, so I can have a break (and blog!)
4. That my girls tell me that they love me daily
5. That my gardens are growing despite the dogs "help"
6. For good music to wash dishes to, tonight "Sixpence None the Richer", mostly "ABBA" :)
7. For loving parents, who are willing to watch my princesses so we can get out for a hot date at Lowe's
8. For good friends who listen to the big and the little stuff of my life
9. That I can stay home with my girls
10. For Internet shopping, so I don't have to do ALL my shopping with my extra helpers!

1 comment:

LaughterThoughts said...

hmmm... I could use no. 2.... N jokes that my immune system is a weakling and that's why i had my crazy reaction to whatever it was. (If you are confused by that, read my blog entry for Thursday.) To which I say "Ha. Ha."