Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I'm not going to share my birthday cake!


So here's a confession. I have spent the last half hour (off and on) sequestered in the office eating the last ice cream sandwich. The older two are just full of beans this afternoon and I had to leave! It all started with A coming up with a scenario to play and G calling it "silly" and it spiraled down from there. I knew it was going to get ugly when the threats about birthdays started flying.

G's favorite comeback or I'm mad comment is "well, you're not going to have any of my birthday cake" or "I'm not going to invite you to my b-day party", you get the picture. So today it ended up with A not even getting the chewed up crumbs, a big spider was going to have them. Where do they come up with them?

M made them a little box house yesterday and all afternoon and most of the morning today instead of playing "house", they played giant-rolling-house, where one of them gets inside, they tip it over to it's side and then the other pushes it over and over, I guess til the one inside gets sick. So much for playing like little girls!

2 comments:

LaughterThoughts said...

Oh, do I understand those days!! Just this morning, as we left to walk to school to pick up M, L is telling me, as she's hugging on him, how she and B are best friends now because they play together and laugh together, etc, etc. So maybe a half-hour later as we're all walking back home (and I'm trying to quell the squabbling and bickering in the stroller-- over feet in the wrong place, sitting too close, touching too much, being to noisy, or whatever else was setting them off), I hear L telling B that he's not her best friend anymore... which only caused more squabbling and bickering.

LaughterThoughts said...

by the way, cute rainbow cake! i like that idea... i might have to use that one myself!!:-)