Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Knit A Week

I can still remember when I learned about dinosaurs.  
It was 2nd grade.
Mrs. Scherr's class.
I was hooked.
I checked out books from the library.
Wrote reports. 
Wrote stories.
I was enamored with the things.
Probably drove my parents and siblings nuts.
Or maybe I kept it to myself, as a secret love.
I don't quite remember.

Anyway, Princess #3 has a best friend.
That special little gal is a lover of dinosaurs.
I can't tell you how giddy this has made me.
So when I saw this sweater, I knew I had to make it for her.
Because when I was her age I would have wanted one.


Princess #3 was willing to model for me!


The dinosaurs march around the entire sweater.
The Details:

Pattern:  Diplodocus by Kate Oates

Yarn:  Knit Picks Swish Worsted

Verdict:  When I gave her the sweater, I blanked on the dinosaur's name.
This little sweet, took one look and told me:
It's a Diplodocus.
{grin}
I believe that says it all!!

No comments: