Friday, September 10, 2010

Pretending

Sometimes I like to hidey-hole in the house after dinner and let the Royals and their Daddy fend for themselves outside. Then I sit down where-ever-I-want and pretend that the voices and screaming I hear really belong to those pesky neighbor kids.

As a homeschoolin' mama, time alone in my own home is a rarity and a treat. And I love treats.

Not that I would change the course my life has wound it's way through, but there are days when I blissfully dream of the end of motherhood such as it is right now. The end of the constant needs to be met, diapers to be changed, meals to be made and cleaned up, I could go on.and.on.

I dream of the day when I will wish for my kids to call me or visit me. Before you start to say, "that day will come all too soon", hear me out. I know that day will come all too soon. Heck, I still can't believe I turned my back for one second and now have a 10 year old walking around this place. {Whatsupwiththat?} But I think it's only human nature to want the next thing, note I didn't say it was right, just our nature.

However, when it comes right down to it there really is no other place I want to be than here at home with my kids. All day long. Every day. What a blessing that I can make that choice and have my wonderful husband/best-friend-a-girl-could-ask-for, backing me up on it. And have that same best friend working hard each day so that we as a family can live out our choice in comfort.

And on that note, I need to round up the Royals and tuck them in bed and then find a hidey-hole with that best-friend-a-girl-could-ask-for.

Sigh. This is the life.




No comments: