Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Little By Little

As most of you know, I am a Christmas junkie. I love this time of the year! Usually by now my decorations would be up, the tree up, cookies a-baking, but this year I am apparently taking the bit by bit approach to the holiday. Which is fine. It is allowing the girls to help decorate more (read that as: do the dusting-hee!) and have more say in what snowman goes where, and that is fun!

I'm loving how each daughter's personality is revealed by how she chooses how to decorate. Princess #1 is a traditionalist, this snowman goes there, because that's where he's been since I can remember. Princess #2 is a flyin'-by-the-seat-of-her-pants kind of gal, this snowman goes here because it looks fabulous (a Fancy Nancy reference there, in case you missed it!). While Princess #3 is all about staging (read that as: quantity, as in I want them all here!), she very carefully groups her decorations all in one location. The Prince obviously is a bit young to get in on the action, but does notice the different things popping up in his line of sight and is especially appreciative of any put in his reach.

So as December begins, I hope each of you is enjoying getting ready to celebrate the Christ-child's birth in your own special way. I know I am!

No comments: