Thursday, September 24, 2009

Part of Me

As many of you know, my standard answer to most all questions and/or comments relating to my children's physical features or actions is to say with a smile, "I was just the womb." However, there are days that I hear or see something that is such a part of me and who I am that I can't help but be amazed.

A case in point. Last night, Princess #3 came banging in the back door for the second time, this time without a word to the King or I, she muttered (my Mom would add "under her breath") all the way to the bathroom, turned on the faucet and proceeded to clean something, muttering all the while. In amongst the mutterings I caught some of these words: stupid (Of course! Her current swear word of choice.), dumb dogs, foot, poop, good grief, shoes, wash, I could go on, but I'm sure you can get the gist. I just started laughing (silently obviously), not wanting to interrupt her quiet rant, because it was so decidedly something that I would do and have done or will do that it struck my funny bone.

And just so you know, the King will corroborate this one, as he was kind enough to point out the similarities, just in case I had missed myself . . . in her!

No comments: