Sunday, December 14, 2008

Resisting the Urge

As many of you know, I am a Christmas junkie. Every year I wait patiently for the day after giving thanks and go full-tilt-bozo into the preparations for Christmas. This year is different. Mostly due to the simple facts of my life. I now homeschool two children, which on a good day takes up the morning. Then there is that third child to keep tabs on, usually not too difficult, just follow the trail of discarded Barbies she leaves in her wake. And let's not forget the fourth one, who for some reason has decided that my rib cage will make a nice little nest, making eating, bending, and breathing into chores. All of these little people added to the general tiredness that the final weeks bring have led me to do my best to resist the urge to (over) do Christmas.

What brings me to blog about this little aspect of the season, you ask? Tonight, I decided to make a batch a sugar cookie dough for cut-outs. Usually, I double or even triple the batch, just to make sure there are enough for guests, me, the neighbors, me, Grandpa and me. This year however, I singled it. Yep, just followed the recipe.

And yah, a few, small, non-tired cells of my body are freaking out.

No comments: