Wednesday, May 28, 2008

School's Out!

School's out for the summer at the castle, I am happy to report! Last year all of the "extra" stuff made for a longer school year, but thanks to the hard work of the princess' and the determination of the queen we are done!! I promised a trip to Sonic as a fun done with school treat, so we'll go do that maybe Friday, since the king will be home. Princess #1 is most excited about that, the servers are on skates mama, and I saw him skate backwards, with food and he didn't fall. I love how easily pleased and amused they are (just like mama).

Today we had another experience with a home-schooling doubter. Someone just curious as to why my school-aged-looking daughter could be done with school by noon. . . you know those helpful little comments. I think I need to order a t-shirt I saw a while back. It said something to the effect of: I am in school now and you're talking during class! Too funny.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting my spring cleaning done in the next few weeks and maybe some weeding done too (notice I didn't say gardening-just the weeding). Kind of a boring post, but baby fits are no fun for anyone and that's been most of the mothering "fun" I've had as of late.

2 comments:

LaughterThoughts said...

Yay for you!

The Momma Chronicles said...

But, how do they socialize? ;-)

Chin up, friend. It's almost retreat time. Whooot!