Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Biter


The smallest of the small ones has added a weapon to her already large arsenal of defense tactics. This new skill is biting. Unfortunately Grace is taking the brunt of the bites. If it wasn't so mean, the way R goes about biting is actually pretty funny. You know well in advance what her plan is because she opens her mouth as wide as she can and then dives in.

Yesterday's attack was unprovoked as far as I could tell, she just wanted on the couch and G happened to be in her way. But today G asked for it and got it! Yikes. So now I'm in the midst of trying to figure out how to muzzle this latest skill and be consistent.

For the most part the girls get along well, but when they don't, they don't.

1 comment:

LaughterThoughts said...

That sounds so much like Sadey! I couldn't stop laughing! S did the same thing-- mouth wide open, teeth bared, and eyes focused on the target as her whole body went in for the bite. I'd have to turn my head and let get my smiles all out so that she wouldn't know that I found any amusement in what she was doing-- definitely not a character trait I wanted to encourage!!!